rtai serial - example or docs needed

Nikolaus Neusser nik.neusser at gmx.de
Fri Aug 5 09:08:46 CEST 2005

Hi @all,

I try to use rtai_seral -> rt_spopen/rt_spwrite for the serial
communication. I am using linux 2.6.7 and rtai 3.1

I managed to compile my proc and also to send a few bytes, already.

Well,
1) is rtai_serial.h indeed the module to use at the moment for serial
communication?

2) Most important. I couldn't find any documantation or examples. Can you
please point me to the right url!   I "heard" people talking about a
serial/utest directory with a few examples, but I simply couldn't find it.

3) if there are no docs I would be happy with a working example that shows
how to use the read/write and IRQ stuff.

appreciate you help guys
nik