rtai-3.2 testsuite latency hanged!

Yeping Wang ywang at ph1.uni-koeln.de
Fri Aug 26 18:10:06 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am trying to install rtai-3.2 under the kernel 2.6.10 with patch
adeos-linux-2.6.10-i386-r12.patch,
We have SMP 2 CPU Pentium 4 processor and NVIDIA driver, after read some
tips from other user, I config the linux kernel disabled APM/ACPI,
CONFIG_REGPARM, and leave many others as default.
I make linux kernel and the left build step and rtai-3.2 installation
went successful. But when I run the testsuite under ...kern/latency, the
computer hanged, required hard reboot.

I have browsed some thread in the list but not found the reason, have
read that latency killer include Xserver, legacy USB..., what should I
config the 2.6.10 kernel? Can someone give me a hint?

Thanks a lot.

Yeping

Yeping Wang                            Tel.:  +49 (0)221 470-3493
I. Physikalisches Institut             Fax.:  +49 (0)221 470-5162
Universität zu Köin                    Email: ywang at ph1.uni-koeln.de
Zülpicher Str. 77
50937 Köln