Problems with RTAI-3.1 - reboots

Fabian.Koch at de.abb.com Fabian.Koch at de.abb.com
Thu Jul 14 09:17:38 CEST 2005

Hey everyone,

I have a serious problem using Kernel 2.6.8.1 with RTAI-3.1
As soon as I load the rtai_hal module I get a reboot. Instantly or with a
slight delay (maybe 2-5sec).
No Kernelmessages displayed, Just a total reset.

I tried playing around with the Kernel config (e.g. deactivated Preemtion)
but until now it didn't help.
Problem arises with RTAI-3.1 and RTAI-3.2 and vanilla Kernel 2.6.8.1 with
the HAL patch from rtai-3.1/rtai-core.../

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?
I guess it is my Kernel config, but it already is really minimal.

CU
Fabian Koch