Porting Linux PCI Device Driver to RTAI

Jorge Almeida j-almeida at criticalsoftware.com
Tue Jul 26 17:27:29 CEST 2005

Hello.

I'm trying to port a PCI device driver to RTAI.

I'm thinking in let the PCI inicialization like it is in the linux
context, and only after all the PCI inicialization, get the IRQ and BASE
ADDRESS and reserve it with the RTAI API. And after that build two tasks:
one for reading and writing (irq handler) and another to make
configurations during runtime.

Is this thinking very wrong or it's possible to do the things this way??

I've already tryied to look for some documentation in this matter but
appers that nothing is available.

Thanks.

DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential information or privileged material and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not a named addressee and mistakenly received this message you should not copy or otherwise disseminate it: please delete this e-mail from your system and notify the sender immediately. E-mail transmissions are not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. Therefore, the sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message that arise as a result of e-mail transmissions. Please request a hard copy version if verification is required. Critical Software.