Help with rtai_serial

Martin Hansen mah_list1 at cfsi.dk
Thu Jun 2 07:57:08 CEST 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 20:34 +0200, martino_davide at tiscali.it wrote:
> Hi list,
> I have generated an executable file from the source code " Hello World "
> shown below.
> But the function rt_spopen returns a negative number ( the port cannot be
> opened).
> Looking at the kernel output with the command dmesg,the following message
> appears:
> " Trying to free free IRQ0
>   BAD: null rt_fun_ext[14] "
Does this come when rtai_serial modlule is loaded?
There is an error in rtai_serial, so if you try to load it whitout the
lxrt loaded it will fail but will not free the IRQ, so on following
tries the IRQ reservation will fail, maybe this is what happend to you.
 a reboot will fix this.

Otherwise You have a genuine IRQ conflict.
--
Med venlig hilsen/mojn/regards
Martin Hansen