Increasing MAX_SLOTS on RTAI 3.0

Peter Soetens peter.soetens at mech.kuleuven.be
Wed Jun 22 09:08:37 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 22:06, henrique at jpl.nasa.gov wrote:
> I am increasing MAX_SLOTS from 100 to 10000 on RTAI 3.0.  Anyone know of
> any potential problems this may cause?

Reserving the slots not per se. But allocating 10000 semaphores, mailboxes or
tasks might give you a different experience. The amount of primitives you can
create without crashing varies over RTAI versions too.

But 100 is inconveniently low indeed, I run my system at a 1000 for small
programs. Another trick that you may pull is disabling the slot registration
alltogether in the rtai core code, but this requires hacking of RTAI
internals I'm not familiar with...

Peter
--
K.U.Leuven, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics Research Group
<http://www.orocos.org> Tel: +32 16 322772