Another little jRtaiLab bug?

Stienen, A.H.A. (CTW) a.h.a.stienen at utwente.nl
Mon Jan 16 14:54:47 CET 2006

Hello Marco,

There might be yet another little bug. I can now execute 'java -jar
jRtaiLab.jar', press the connect button, but after entering the server
details and pressing connect, it throws out another exception error (see
below).

I can still run it from IE though, as applet from my five line HTML
file. However, it doesn't connect anymore. It doesn't given an error
like above and behaves more or less like it should (closes the connect
button and waits), but it just sits there and never tells me it is (or
isn't) connected to the server.

Just as a check, I went to your RTAI-XML page and started the jRtaiLab
applet from there (naturally using the same computer). It worked just
fine; it connected to my running RTAI model and showed all the
parameters and signals.

So whats going on? I copied all the files from the java_files dir to my
own computer, and it just refuses to connect...

Kind regards,
Arno.

*** THE JRTAILAB EXCEPTION ERROR ***

C:\Documents and Settings\Arno Stienen\Desktop\jrtailab>java -jar
jRtaiLab.jar
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apach
e/xmlrpc/XmlRpcException
         at Target.connect(Target.java:167)
         at jRtaiLab.Connect(jRtaiLab.java:784)
         at ConnectFrame.connect(ConnectFrame.java:288)
         at ConnectFrame.access$0(ConnectFrame.java:282)
         at ConnectFrame$1.mouseClicked(ConnectFrame.java:157)
         at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseClicked(Unknown Source)
         at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown
Source)
         at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
Source)

--
   ____
  /  |_| <<< IR. ARNO H.A. STIENEN >>>