Need help about the performance of RTW/RTAI/Comedi

wicky.zhang wicky.zhang at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 16:57:12 CET 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roberto Bucher" <roberto.bucher at supsi.ch>
To: "wicky.zhang" <wicky.zhang at gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 1:49 PM
Subject: Re: Need help about the performance of RTW/RTAI/Comedi

> Hi Wicky
>
> we haven't reached such sampling frequencies till now, thus I can't say
> exactly what the problem is. First, you have to consider that a i386
> machine
> is not a DSP, you have ltencies which are greater than the DSP latencies.
> Paolo in Milano reaches sampling frequencies of about 40Khz, for special
> applications.
>
> Now, to your problem. I think that when you don't open the xrtailab
> application, the system works. Can you confirm it?

Yes, i have used oscillograph and signal generator to observe the input and
output of my DAQ card.

> Now, what happens if you run "xrtailab" on a second PC (with Linux RTAI
> installed, of course)? Do you have the same behaviour?

It will die when i run "xrtailab" on a second pc. My system have a target PC
with a remote PC for saving the resource of the target PC.

> If you don't have a second PC with Linx RTAI, you can try to install
> RTAI-XML
> ( http://artist.dsi.unifi.it/rtaixml/ ) and monitor the RT task from a web
> browser.

Oh? it is a new idea. i have never notice it.

Thank you!

Best regards

Wicky