RTAI on Ipaq (ARM)

Guennadi Liakhovetski gl at dsa-ac.de
Wed Jul 5 16:26:49 CEST 2006

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006, Danilo Levantesi wrote:

> > As I said, you will not get any real help with that. Please consider
> > switching to recent 2.6.x kernels and using a suitable real-time scheme.
> I can't understand. Should i use the internal 2.6 rt scheme? Or should i patch
> a 2.6 kernel?

Depends entirely on your requirements. So far I don't have a working 2.6
kernel with real-time capabilities on ARM, so, I will not be able to help
you with my own expriences here. The kernel realtime preemption patch is
being ported to ARM too, or you can look at efforts to port the current
RTAI to ARM.

Thanks
Guennadi
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.