More FIFO issues

James Buckle coyoteboyuk at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 7 01:56:35 CEST 2006

Ive given up trying to use the signals that are supposed to be fired by the
FIFO when it has info PUT on it so i decided to use a second process running
in parallel with my userspace program to read the data in, protected by a
mutex. The application and all processes/threads run fine until i try to
execute a read on the opened FIFO - at this point linux and the user space
app hangs but the interrupt handling kernel module runs on as normal. System
has to be rebooted etc :-(

I tried reading the fifo from commandline without the app running and it did
the same.

Anyone with experience ? My module any app are similar in execution to the
first example at http://www.captain.at/programming/rtai/examples.php. Would
shared mem be an option instead of fifo, in a manner similar to the second
example?

Many thanks,