fifo remote access

Julien Michel julien.michel at etu.univ-orleans.fr
Mon Jul 24 12:07:28 CEST 2006

Hi, I currently work with an embedded system running with rtai.
This system roots via NFS (Network File system), so its file system is held on a
remote PC.
Let say the system put some objects in /dev/rtf0.
While reading the fifo "locally" (from the embeded system), it is allright,
datas are read, then removed from the fifo.
But If I try to use the fifo (getting datas) from the PC, I always read the same
datas, wich means reading the fifo from the remote PC, is "rad only" but
doesn't remove these datas, so the FIFO does not work as a FirstInFirstOut (I
always get the first element")

Does it means we can not use a fifo from another platform than those which has
created it?

Is there a way to share a fifo?

Thanks to all