jitter under RTAI?

walt sartory at comcast.net
Tue Jun 20 17:19:18 CEST 2006

I am presently running Comedi for digital I/O (combined read/write) WITHOUT
RTAI, & I notice a jitter of about 10 usec. I am interested in whether this
jitter can be significantly decreased by installing RTAI. I have been trying
to scan this mail list to see what I might expect, but my understanding of
what I see here is that not much better timing than 10 usec is likely under
RTAI. Have I understood this capability correctly?

[The digital I/O hardware I am using is capable of much faster I/O.]

Thanks,
Walt