R: problems starting RTAI before X server

Gianni Verra gverra at gioveonline.it
Sat Oct 20 11:34:31 CEST 2007

It happened also to me with kernel 2.6.14 or 2.6.17 and RTAI 3.1 or 3.5.
The reason was an incorrect configuration of the hardware in the kernel.

The last time we had this problem was when we try to run in a 1.8 GHz CPU a
kernel with RTAI builded for a 650 MHz with a different graphics interface.
We rebuilded it with the correct configuration and the problem disappered.

Gianni