[Rtai] ATMEL AT91SAM9G20

Torsten Koschorrek devel at koschorrek.com
Wed Mar 28 19:38:56 CEST 2012

Hi,

Glen Wernersbach wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I know there is a doc out there somewhere but what would be the steps
> required to get the AT91SAM9G20 to work on RTAI3.8 and linux 2.6.29?

The doc exists for 10 minutes now:

http://cvs.gna.org/cvsweb/magma/base/arch/arm/patches/PORTING_GUIDE?rev=1.1;content-type=text%2Fx-cvsweb-markup;cvsroot=rtai

It doesn't give all the answers but I think it's a nice starting point.

> There is an Adeos patch for that version and I have applied to successfully.
>
> Do also need to update the hal patch for the more recent version of linux?

It depends on the supported hardware in the Adeos patch. Maybe you have
to add your board or processor.

> Do I need to change things specifically in  the RTAI3.8 core?

First thing you can try is to configure RTAI using the patched kernel.
You'll see if the configuration script finishes without an error or if
it complains about missing support.

Torsten