help reqd rgd example preempt pls(with denx core)

deepa.vijayaraghavan at mbtech-group.com deepa.vijayaraghavan at mbtech-group.com
Fri Oct 1 09:39:07 CEST 2004

hi all,
there were a few mistakes, as the earlier mail was typed in a hurry..
sorry abt that.
I am referring to the example preempt, that demonstrates how a higher
priority task and a lower priority task work together. My application is
also sort of similar, hence clarity on this example will help me a great
deal.
I am using IBM ppc 440 based ebony board.
In the functions rt_task_make_periodic(), if the second parameter is left
as it is(now + tick_period), I get no output. Infact when I check if the
task gets scheduled at all, by using rt_printk statements, I get no
output.
But if I set the delay to 0(or some small number), I get output so long as
the init_module() runs. I get output based on the number of times the
tasks get scheduled before the init_module() function is completed. I use
'insmod' for the loading the module.
When I do rmmod, the tasks are terminated without errors.
The same is the case with the 'Frank' example too.
I use the 'One shot' timer. With 'periodic' timer, i see no output
whatsoever.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
deepa.