RTAI on VIA C3 Board

José Antonio Sánchez getaceres at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 10:20:01 CEST 2004

I think I've solved both problems:

1. Changing the IDE cable got rid of those error messages. I think it
was a matter of ATA-100 & ATA133 mismatch. I was using a 40 threads
IDE cable that went with the Motherboard. Now I'm using one with 80.
I've also found that using ext3 as a filesystem it's more secure than
using ReiserFS.

2. The FPU error was gone after I compiled the kernel as a 586tsc
instead of c3. I don't know why RTAI complains if I compile as a c3
(in fact, it's compiled as a 586) but now, at least the testsuite it's
running.

Thanks to all of you.