stack overflow with RTAI 3.1 - test4 on 2.6.7

David Rolenc drolenc at rtlogic.com
Fri Oct 1 17:39:41 CEST 2004

Paolo,

My driver basically starts DMAs from the realtime interrupt handler and
then calls rt_pend_linux_irq() When a wakeup is desired.

The solution was two-fold.

First, the calls to pend were minimized by keeping better track of the
amount of DMA done in the realtime ISR.

Second, as you may recall from my first post, the main purpose of the
linux ISR in my case was to call a regular linux wakeup() to wake any
waiters on the data obtained through the DMAs in the realtime ISR. I
created a mask that was set when somebody actually was in need of a
wakeup to minimize the calls to wakeup from within the linux ISR instead
of blindly calling wakeup whether it was needed or not.

-Dave