can't reboot and shutdown my laptop after rebuilding the kernel 2.4.26 with patch rtai-3.1

Zhang Yuchen y.zhang-4 at student.utwente.nl
Sun Oct 3 13:22:42 CEST 2004

Hi, all,

After patching the kernel 2.4.26 with rtai-3.1-test3 and recompiling the
kernel, I can't reboot or shutdown my laptop anymore. When I want to reboot
it, it gets stuck at the message "preparing for reboot.....".  when I want
to shutdown it, it gets stuck at the message "knoppix halts", and I have to
turn off the power myself.

Anyone has any idea how this happens, and how to fix it?

Btw, I didn't load any rtai modules when this happens.

Greetings,

Zhang Yuchen

MSc Student

Control Engineering Group