can't reboot and shutdown my laptop after rebuilding the kernel 2.4.26 with patch rtai-3.1

Hannes Mayer h.mayer at inode.at
Sun Oct 3 17:26:46 CEST 2004

Zhang Yuchen wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> After patching the kernel 2.4.26 with rtai-3.1-test3 and recompiling the
> kernel, I can’t reboot or shutdown my laptop anymore. When I want to
> reboot it, it gets stuck at the message “preparing for reboot………..”.
>  when I want to shutdown it, it gets stuck at the message “knoppix
> halts”, and I have to turn off the power myself.
>
> Anyone has any idea how this happens, and how to fix it?
>
> Btw, I didn’t load any rtai modules when this happens.

That might be laptop related, but first you should try RTAI3.1. It was
released about 2 weeks ago. Maybe that solves the problem.
Also check your kernel config ... I never installed linux on a laptop,
but I'm sure someone else on the list knows what to enable and what
to disable.

Best regards,
Hannes.