what is fusion?

Philippe Gerum rpm at xenomai.org
Mon Oct 4 20:04:49 CEST 2004

http://www.fdn.fr/~brouchou/rtai/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=1

> another question: The ADEOS is not patented and suppose to replace the
> rthal, but it still needs the support of rthal which is the patented. why?
> at least when I use rtai3.1, I have to insmod rthal first.

The name "hal" has been kept for the module interfacing with the kernel
patch that enables high-preemptibility for the kernel, mostly for
compatibility purpose, but the kernel patch is no more the legacy HAL,
but Adeos. IOW, rtai_hal.ko in 3.1 still means "hw abstraction layer",
but is not implemented the same way the old RTHAL was, since it does not
rely on the same in-kernel technology in the first place.

> Regards,

Philippe.