RTAI3.1 / Kernel 2.4.27 system freeze @ kern/latency

Hannes Mayer h.mayer at inode.at
Mon Oct 4 21:34:02 CEST 2004

Hi Philippe!

Philippe Gerum wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 07:01, Hannes Mayer wrote:
>>Philippe Gerum wrote:
>>
>>>SMP config enabled. Was it on purpose?
>>
>>err... no.. I didn't change anything for SMP in RTAI config.
>>Is it now enabled by default ?
>
> Only if you build RTAI against a SMP-enabled kernel.

...and that seems to be the problem!
When I installed 3.0r4/2.4.25 in July I used the existing kernel
config from Debian sarge and it worked flawlessly.
But now if I use the .config again, this shows up:

  [*] Symmetric multi-processing support (NEW)
  (32) Maximum number of CPUs (2-32) (NEW)

The debian .config doesn't have
CONFIG_SMP=y
CONFIG_NR_CPUS=32
but if I exit "make menuconfig" it is there.

If SMP is added silently, what else is added ?
Really strange!

Best regards,
Hannes.