can't reboot and shutdown my laptop after rebuilding the kernel 2.4.26 with patch rtai-3.1

Frantisek Rysanek Frantisek.Rysanek at post.cz
Tue Oct 5 11:36:13 CEST 2004

I seem to recall that I've started to obtain the
same behavior with a vanilla 2.4.26 on pretty much
any hardware (notebook, desktop, server,
whatever). My machines with ATX power supplies
can't be turned off in software anymore.

At that time, I thought I had a problem with some
power management options in the kernel config
(ACPI power supply support or some such) and I
didn't bother to investigate...

Could be a bug in vanilla 2.4.26.
If I get more information, I'll post it here.

Frank Rysanek