Problem with user space examples in RTAI 3.1

Arne Linder alinder at uni-wuppertal.de
Tue Oct 5 12:26:38 CEST 2004

Gilles Chanteperdrix schrieb:

> Arne Linder wrote:
>  > So the problem still remains in RTAI-3.1.
>
> I asked because a "divide error" problem got fixed somewhere around
> test4, so I wanted to be sure that you were not talking about the same
> problem.
>
> So, the question is: do you still have an oops caused by a "divide
> error" with RTAI 3.1 ?

I don't know what you exactly mean by "oops caused by a 'divide error'",
but the error messages in /var/log/messages look very similar to those
attached to my first message of this thread, i.e. "kernel: divide error
0000 [#1]". It does *not* say e.g. "kernel: Oops: 0003 [#1]", but that
happens when trying to start xrtailab (see thread "RTAI").

Hope that was the information you needed

Best regards

Arne Linder

--
Dipl.-Ing. Arne Linder