comedi and rtai 3.1

ischoegl at mail.utexas.edu ischoegl at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Oct 6 17:29:06 CEST 2004

 I tried installing RTAI + comedi several times so far, but always ended up
having troubles with unresolved symbols. I'm new to both RTAI and comedi and
somewhat relieved that I'm not the only one experiencing problems.
 I'm using a vanilla 2.6.7 kernel and tried installing rtai 3.1 / cvs comedi on
a PIII machine (using gcc 3.3.4). Although I got to run the rtai testsuite
without problems, comedi won't recognize the driver module. (Whenever I
installed comedi without rtai, it seemed to work).
 I had basically given up on this, but thought that I could contribute the list
of unresolved symbols to the current discussion (see the output below).
 Best regards,
-Ingmar-

# modprobe ni_atmio
WARNING: Error inserting comedi (/lib/modules/2.6.7-adeos/comedi/comedi.ko):
Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
WARNING: Error inserting 8255 (/lib/modules/2.6.7-adeos/comedi/8255.ko): Unknown
symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
WARNING: Error inserting comedi_fc
(/lib/modules/2.6.7-adeos/comedi/comedi_fc.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or
unknown parameter (see dmesg)
FATAL: Error inserting ni_atmio (/lib/modules/2.6.7-adeos/comedi/ni_atmio.ko):
Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

# dmesg
comedi: Unknown symbol rt_request_srq
comedi: Unknown symbol rtai_domain
comedi: Unknown symbol rt_shutdown_irq
comedi: Unknown symbol rt_enable_irq
comedi: Unknown symbol rt_pend_linux_srq
comedi: Unknown symbol rt_umount
comedi: Unknown symbol rt_startup_irq
comedi: Unknown symbol rt_free_srq
comedi: Unknown symbol rt_mount
comedi: Unknown symbol rt_request_irq
comedi: Unknown symbol rt_release_irq
8255: Unknown symbol comedi_buf_put
8255: Unknown symbol comedi_event
8255: Unknown symbol range_unipolar5
8255: Unknown symbol comedi_driver_unregister
8255: Unknown symbol comedi_driver_register
comedi_fc: Unknown symbol comedi_buf_read_free
comedi_fc: Unknown symbol comedi_buf_write_alloc
comedi_fc: Unknown symbol comedi_event
comedi_fc: Unknown symbol comedi_buf_write_free
comedi_fc: Unknown symbol comedi_buf_read_n_available
comedi_fc: Unknown symbol comedi_buf_memcpy_to
comedi_fc: Unknown symbol comedi_buf_memcpy_from
ni_atmio: Unknown symbol cfc_write_array_to_buffer
ni_atmio: Unknown symbol comedi_error
ni_atmio: Unknown symbol rtai_domain
ni_atmio: Unknown symbol subdev_8255_init
ni_atmio: Unknown symbol rt_busy_sleep
ni_atmio: Unknown symbol comedi_request_irq
ni_atmio: Unknown symbol range_unknown
ni_atmio: Unknown symbol subdev_8255_cleanup
ni_atmio: Unknown symbol comedi_event
ni_atmio: Unknown symbol range_unipolar5
ni_atmio: Unknown symbol comedi_driver_unregister
ni_atmio: Unknown symbol comedi_buf_get
ni_atmio: Unknown symbol comedi_buf_read_n_available
ni_atmio: Unknown symbol range_bipolar10
ni_atmio: Unknown symbol comedi_driver_register
ni_atmio: Unknown symbol comedi_free_irq