RTAI

Arne Linder alinder at uni-wuppertal.de
Fri Oct 8 14:58:25 CEST 2004

Hello,

AlbertoSechi at libero.it schrieb:

> Hi,
> I use the script "copy_comedi2kernel" that can be downloaded at
> http://www.linux-usb-daq.co.uk/ . This script allows you to configure comedi
> using the kernel configuration menu. In this site there is a comedi tarball with
> the script inside.

We tried it this way, but got 2 disappointing results:

1.) On the website given above, only downloads suitable for
2.6.8.1-kernel were available, so we downloaded a prepatched kernel
2.6.8.1 (with comedi), patched it with adeos patch (hal7) and compiled.
We used the .config provided from linux-usb-daq.co.uk and modified it,
e.g. activating adeos etc. The compilation worked, but the malfunctions
remained the same than before (user-latency: strange results;
user-preempt: kernel divide error; xrtailab: kernel oops).

2.) Since using the software from linux-usb-daq.co.uk did not work, we
tried it again in the "old" way. We used the vanilla 2.6.7-kernel,
patched it with adeos (hal7-patch), removed the "COMEDI"-lines from the
configuration you gave us, but now the kernel compilation stops with:
 > [...]
>   CC      arch/i386/kernel/asm-offsets.s
> In file included from include/linux/sched.h:8,
>                  from arch/i386/kernel/asm-offsets.c:7:
> include/linux/adeos.h:310: error: conflicting types for `adeos_test_pipeline_from'
> include/linux/adeos.h:276: error: previous declaration of `adeos_test_pipeline_from'
> include/linux/adeos.h:317: error: conflicting types for `adeos_test_and_stall_pipeline_from'
> include/linux/adeos.h:289: error: previous declaration of `adeos_test_and_stall_pipeline_from'
> make[1]: *** [arch/i386/kernel/asm-offsets.s] Fehler 1
> make: *** [arch/i386/kernel/asm-offsets.s] Fehler 2

What is wrong now? Do you have another idea?

Best regards

Arne Linder

--
Dipl.-Ing. Arne Linder