a beginner's question: what is vesuvio?

Hannes Mayer h.mayer at inode.at
Sat Oct 9 14:32:45 CEST 2004

Hannes Mayer wrote:
> 王凯 wrote:
>
>> I'm a beginner. After reading the readme file in rtai3.1, I find a
>> name vesuvio. What's that? What is that for? And I can't find it in
>> the rtai3.1 file. Is it necessary to rtai?
>

> Hi 王凯! (Wang Kai? ;-)
>
> Vesuvio, Stromboli, Kilauea are the codenames for RTAI.
> Current 3.1 is Kilauea, if I remember correctly.

See, I knew I'd screw up the names...

3.0 = kilauea
3.1 = vesuvio

Philippe explained a while ago:
"There are also two special branches:

magma = development branch for the new major release still based on the
current core technology (currently inactive, next will head us to 3.2).

fusion = experimental branch totally departing from the current core
technology."

Best regards,
Hannes.