FYI: kernel panic when reboot via SSH - rebooting directly works (2.4.25/3.0r4)

Hannes Mayer h.mayer at inode.at
Sat Oct 9 14:59:21 CEST 2004

Hi all!

I always have kernel panics when rebooting via SSH, so I
tried to reboot the box directly from console and that works.
(2.4.25 / 3.0r4 / hal12-2.4.25.patch)

In a thread earlier this month, one listmember said that
happens when RTAI modules are loaded, but in my case there
are no RTAI modules loaded:

muon:/home/rtai/# lsmod
input                   3456   0  (autoclean)
mga                    95612   1
3c59x                  27408   1
agpgart                46660   3
ide-cd                 32544   0
cdrom                  28928   0  [ide-cd]
rtc                     8296   0  (autoclean)
unix                   15788  16  (autoclean)

I can live with that fact, but I wonder if someone has a clue
what's going on.

Best regards,
Hannes.