a beginner's question: what is vesuvio?

Herman Bruyninckx Herman.Bruyninckx at mech.kuleuven.ac.be
Sat Oct 9 16:22:54 CEST 2004

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004, Hannes Mayer wrote:

> Hannes Mayer wrote:
>>  wrote:
>>
>>> I'm a beginner. After reading the readme file in rtai3.1, I find a name
>>> vesuvio. What's that? What is that for? And I can't find it in the
>>> rtai3.1 file. Is it necessary to rtai?
>>

>> Hi ! (Wang Kai? ;-)
>>
>> Vesuvio, Stromboli, Kilauea are the codenames for RTAI.
>> Current 3.1 is Kilauea, if I remember correctly.
>
> See, I knew I'd screw up the names...

I hope RTAI will get rid of these impossible naming "tradition" as soon as
possible. It does only confuse people, even the more experienced ones :-((
The added value is _ZERO_. (My apologies for shouting, which is not my
habit...)

Herman

--
   K.U.Leuven, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics Research Group
<http://people.mech.kuleuven.ac.be/~bruyninc> Tel: +32 16 322480