RTAI

Panagiotis Issaris panagiotis.issaris at mech.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon Oct 11 12:27:19 CEST 2004

Hi Arne,

Arne Linder wrote:

> In our installation there is no directory /lib/tls existent. I also
> did a "find . -name libc.so.6" and only one file in /lib was found.
> Hence it seems, that NPTL is *not* supported in our installation.
> Sorry for the misinformation.

I'm not sure that that's the right conclusion. As far as I know, some
distributions use this "dual libc dir" approach to provide both a libc
with NPTL and one with the old version. Therefore, the lack of the /lib/tls
directory could just as well mean that you _only_ have an NPTL version
of libc.

With friendly regards,
Takis

Panagiotis Issaris