rtf_create_handler again

Paolo Mantegazza mantegazza at aero.polimi.it
Mon Oct 11 17:21:42 CEST 2004

Jose Antonio Sanchez wrote:
> Sorry to insist, but I don't know what to do. I don't
> know if I'm not getting response because nobody knows
> how to solve it or because it's so easy to solve that
> it's a waste of time to answer a newbie this
> questions, but I can't do anything to solve it.
> I'm getting an unresolved symbol on compile time
> everytime I call rtf_create_handler on rtai 3.1 I've
> compiled it with the three inline modes, and it's the
> same on everyone of them. I've looked rtai_fifos.h and
> rtai_fifos.c and that function it's there. Maybe I'm
> passing the handler the wrong way? What is the correct
> way to do that? What is the right prototype for a
> handler? Could it be that I'm using it with lxrt
> instead of a module?
> I'm lost. I don't know what's the problem. I don't
> know if it's a bug of RTAI or not. Please, if somebody
> knows anything, if someone has used it anytime, could
> you please tell me how did you do it? how your
> makefile was? what handler prototype did you use?
> Thanks.

A further comment.

I suspect that your problem might be due to the way you compile modules
with Linux 2.6.7. If that is the case you should study a bit one of the
making way for the examples found in showroom/v3.x/kern.

I've just compiled an old examples found in the 24.1.x series and it has
no problem with the fifo handler.

Paolo.