starting xrtailab and test file

Roberto Bucher roberto.bucher at supsi.ch
Tue Oct 12 16:11:31 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 12 October 2004 14:08, you wrote:
> Hello experts,
>
> now after having removed all kernel oopses from our system we want to
> proceed with xrtailab. At first we started with the small test described
> in the ($rtaisource)/rtai_lab/matlab/README. We took the test.mdl and
> compiled a "test"-program from it.
>
> One question: Is it necessary to run both the test and xrtailab as root?
> If we start it as user we always get the error message "Cannon init
> rt_MainTask".

You don't need to be superuser by starting the realtime task and xrtailab. We
implemented the line

        rt_allow_nonroot_hrt();

to allows normal users start real-time tasks. I checked the example on my
system (2.6.7-adeos) few minutes ago and it works correctly.

Try to download all the rtai modules and reinstall them (this clean all the
task names...).

Separately I send to you my script which loads the rtai modules.

Regards

Roberto

--
University of Applied Sciences