starting xrtailab and test file

Arne Linder alinder at uni-wuppertal.de
Wed Oct 13 16:54:15 CEST 2004

Hello Roberto,

many thanks for your hints concerning the usage of xrtailab. But we have
still some problems:

Roberto Bucher schrieb:
> [...]
>
> You don't need to be superuser by starting the realtime task and xrtailab. We
> implemented the line
>
>         rt_allow_nonroot_hrt();
>
> to allows normal users start real-time tasks. I checked the example on my
> system (2.6.7-adeos) few minutes ago and it works correctly.

Sorry, I do not understand exactly. Do you mean you implemented the line
in the released code of rtai-3.1? But I cannot find it in none of the .c
of .h files generated by matlab rtw and it still does not work. When
starting the test-program or xrtailab as user I still get the error
message "Cannon init rt_MainTask".

> Try to download all the rtai modules and reinstall them (this clean all the
> task names...).

What to you mean with "downloading all the rtai modules"?. We performed
a "make clean" "make" and "make install" in the rtai source tree, but
the problem remained.

> Separately I send to you my script which loads the rtai modules.

I think the problem has nothing to do with the rtai modules itself. They
all can be loaded without any problems.

BTW: The test and xrtailab run very well when started as root. So it is
not a problems of the package itself, but of some rights, that are missing.

Best regards

Arne Linder

--
Dipl.-Ing. Arne Linder