Databases

Daniel Dotta daniel at labplan.ufsc.br
Wed Oct 13 19:52:47 CEST 2004

        Hi All:

                   I am working to adjust an already existent application to
hard real-time application. For this a I am using LXRT/RTAI. This
application use a mysql database to keep the data. I have a dout about the
utilization or not of databases in real-time applications. Is usual to use
databases in realtime systems?

                  Is there some real-time database(mysql, sybase) for
Linux/RTAI? Is there some way to put for example the mysql database with
hard real-time priority using RTAI? Is there is another flavor of database
to do this for Linux?

Thanks,

Daniel Dotta
Federal University of Santa Caratina