starting xrtailab and test file

Roberto Bucher roberto.bucher at supsi.ch
Wed Oct 13 21:43:34 CEST 2004

Hi Arne

The line

rt_allow_nonroot_hrt();

is in all threads created in the "rtmain.c" file from matlab. You can look at
this file (it should be under <matlabroot>/rtw/c/rtai). Your application
started as normal user fails the call of

if (!(rt_MainTask = rt_task_init_schmod(nam2num(myname), rt_MainTaskPriority,
      0, 0, SCHED_FIFO, 0xFF))) {
  fprintf(stderr, "Cannot init rt_MainTask\n");
  return 1;
}

> BTW: The test and xrtailab run very well when started as root. So it is
> not a problems of the package itself, but of some rights, that are missing.

Perhaps Lorenzo has an idea why this happens.

> What to you mean with "downloading all the rtai modules"?. We performed
> a "make clean" "make" and "make install" in the rtai source tree, but
> the problem remained.

Sorry, I meant "rmmod" and "insmod".

Regards

Roberto