rtnet code in rtai_24.1.12 (from denx)

deepa.vijayaraghavan at mbtech-group.com deepa.vijayaraghavan at mbtech-group.com

  In order to be able to make socket calls from the kernel, Paolo said
that I could use the rtnet code in net_rpc. On checking the source code I
have here, I find that I have, in the directory /rtai-24.1.12,
1. net_rpc directory which contains an rtnet directory.
2. An rtnet directory
What are the differences between the two? And how is this different from
downloading the rtnet directly from the rtnet site?
When I tried to 'insmod' the rtnet.o in the rtai-24.1.12/rtnet directory,
I got many unresolved symbol errors.
It would be great if someone could explain what these flavours are, and
what is the best way to get around to having a socket interface from the
kernel. If anyone could point me to more documentation/examples, it will
be great.

Thanks and Regards
Deepa.