rtnet code in rtai_24.1.12 (from denx)

Paolo Mantegazza mantegazza at aero.polimi.it
Thu Oct 14 19:23:29 CEST 2004

deepa.vijayaraghavan at mbtech-group.com wrote:

> Hi,
>   In order to be able to make socket calls from the kernel, Paolo said
> that I could use the rtnet code in net_rpc. On checking the source code
> I have here, I find that I have, in the directory /rtai-24.1.12,
> 1. net_rpc directory which contains an rtnet directory.
> 2. An rtnet directory
> What are the differences between the two? And how is this different from
> downloading the rtnet directly from the rtnet site?
> When I tried to 'insmod' the rtnet.o in the rtai-24.1.12/rtnet
> directory, I got many unresolved symbol errors.
> It would be great if someone could explain what these flavours are, and
> what is the best way to get around to having a socket interface from the
> kernel. If anyone could point me to more documentation/examples, it will
> be great.

I said the latest and that means 3.1. Moreover you do not need netrpc.c
as it is but just the part that uses sockets in in kernel space i.e.
what I've attached.

Be warned that I've just cut it out to help you, without making any
check. It should be all waht is needed to use sockets in kernel space.

Paolo.