Memory leak?

Peter van den Bosch pvdb at dse.nl
Thu Oct 14 19:33:44 CEST 2004

José Antonio Sánchez wrote:
> Maybe that memory is free but cached by the operating system, so it's
> really free memory.
> I don't know, I haven't seen it yet, but look at the cached memory and
> free memory. If they both are the same together it's all ok.

Hi Jose,

To be honest I'm not sure what all different memory things mean, but I
checked it out: they are not, Cached stays the same and MemFree
decreases. However, I discovered that it only happens when the rtai_*
modules have been unloaded and are reloaded again. So it seems its not
the LXRT task (preempt in this case) that leaves the memory occupied,
but one of the rtai_*.ko modules. Any ideas about how I could try to
find the reason?

Thanx,
Peter