RTAI LiveCD + DB

Panagiotis Issaris panagiotis.issaris at mech.kuleuven.ac.be
Sat Oct 16 01:11:11 CEST 2004

Philippe Gerum wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 23:29, Panagiotis Issaris wrote:
>
>Btw, what's the kernel configuration used when testing?

In case you are asking this because of strange results in the
database: The database will be cleaned up in a few seconds.
I've been testing the livecd using both real systems (my laptop
and a K6/2) and an emulator. The results from the emulator should
be removed from the database ASAP, unless they are marked as being
fakes. My apologies for this inconvenience, but for the moment
it was rather handy to use qemu and I had the impression that
nobody was looking at the DB yet... (except for a few colleages
who know I'm testing it).

Otherwise, the config is available from within the bootcd in /proc/config.gz,
but I can also post it to the mailinglist if you would prefer that.

I am eagerly awaiting suggestions for improving the kernel and/or RTAI
configuration of this LiveCD.

In short: most of the networkdrivers are included, no DMA, no powermanagement,
compiled for Pentium MMX (I think).

With friendly regards,
Takis

Panagiotis Issaris