RTAI LiveCD + DB update

Panagiotis Issaris panagiotis.issaris at mech.kuleuven.ac.be
Sat Oct 16 14:13:44 CEST 2004

Hi,

I just added transaction support to the webapp. It didn't
have it up until about 5 minutes ago, and while it wasn't
a problem with the current amount of parallel submissions ;-)
I had to add it ASAP.

Philippe Gerum wrote:

>>* Furthermore I wanted to get an idea of the load while running
>>the testsuite and for the moment I took the Linux load (/proc/loadavg)
>>and stored it the database.
>>

>Unfortunately, LXRT kills these figures since daemons are sleeping in
>TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE mode, so the load average skyrockets despite the
>system is idle.

But is their no difference whatsoever? I mean when I ran
the hackbench application the load went up over 600. I can't
recall seeing this amount of load with LXRT.

In other words, can the loadaverage still be usefull, if you
calculate in the fact that it is incorrect because of RTAI, but
you should still see a "significant" differencce between plain
LXRT load and LXRT load + hackbench load f.e.?

Or should I better remove that data from the DB? Or can
I use some other metric for calculating load (which is valid
when running RTAI/LXRT)?

What data should best be added from the other tests (preempt,switch)?
I hope to update the database + LiveCD as soon as possible so people
who run the CD will fill in all fields of the DB.

With friendly regards,
Takis

Panagiotis Issaris
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven