Privileged instructions with Fusion

Hans-Jürgen Ude ude at npn-gmbh.de
Mon Oct 18 10:47:47 CEST 2004

I've just started to try RTAI/Fusion. I've got it installed and running. The
testsuite samples work too. Then I've just put an outb() function into one
thread to watch the timing with an oscilloscope on LPT. As expected this
doesn't work. Inline assebmly doesn't work either. It prompts "Killed" and
terminates. So my question is how can I get this to work without using
ioperm() or iopl(). Later on I'll need some direct memory access too.
Otherwise i'd  have to write a complete PCI driver for proprietary hardware,
but i've never done that before.

TIA,
Hans