assembly error

Benjamin Collar benjamin.collar at siemens.com
Fri Oct 22 17:15:38 CEST 2004

Greetings

I'm trying to compile RTAI with gcc 3.3. I've encountered the error that
was briefly covered, but not solved, here:
https://mail.rtai.org/pipermail/rtai/2004-September/008567.html

Next week I have to deliver something that at least compiles to my
customer; they will later require, of course, a working solution. To get
it to compile, I just removed the clobber list from the code in question
(which is in rtai-core/include/asm-ppc/rtai_srq.h).

I know that some folks are looking into this already--hopefully in the
process making gcc3.3 a supported compiler?--but I just want to ask: can
someone explain why the clobber list is coded as it is, and what is the
significance of removing it?

Thanks
Ben

--