Problem installing RTAI 3.1 in Kernel 2.6.8.1

leomendes at mail.utexas.edu leomendes at mail.utexas.edu

    I am currently involved in a project and we are trying to use Linux/RTAI on
it. I have never used Linux before and I am having a lot of trouble trying to
install RTAI on my machine. I have already tryed several different combinations
of Kernel/Patch and I can not get it to work. My last try was to follow exactly
what is written in this page:

https://mail.rtai.org/pipermail/rtai/2004-October/008942.html

    However, after compiling the kernel with the patch, I get a Kernel Panic
when rebooting my system and choosing this new Kernel with the patch. This is
what I get:

Adeos: pipeling started
VFS: Cannot open root device "hda1" on unknown block(0,0)
Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknow-block(0,0)
<4> Adeos: Current domain = Linux on CPU #0 [stackbase=00000000]
Linux[cpuid=0]: priority=100, status=0x0, pending_hi=0x0

    This is what I have:

     AMD Athlon(tm) 946 MHz
     Debian 3.1
     Kernel 2.6.8.1