Problem installing RTAI 3.1 in Kernel 2.6.8.1

Gilles Chanteperdrix gilles.chanteperdrix at laposte.net
Tue Oct 26 01:48:30 CEST 2004

leomendes at mail.utexas.edu wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 >     I am currently involved in a project and we are trying to use Linux/RTAI on
 > it. I have never used Linux before and I am having a lot of trouble trying to
 > install RTAI on my machine. I have already tryed several different combinations
 > of Kernel/Patch and I can not get it to work. My last try was to follow exactly
 > what is written in this page:
 >
 > https://mail.rtai.org/pipermail/rtai/2004-October/008942.html

If you never used Linux before, it would be wiser to configure and
compile a non-patched Linux kernel.

There are plenty of howto and tutorials explaining how to do this, for
example :

http://www.digitalhermit.com/linux/Kernel-Build-HOWTO.html

or

http://www.ccoss.org/tutorials/kernel/How_to_Compile_the_Linux_Kernel.htm

Once you find the configuration which works for your hardware, then you
can mess with RTAI.

--

					    Gilles Chanteperdrix.