rtnet code in rtai_24.1.12 (from denx)

Paolo Mantegazza mantegazza at aero.polimi.it
Tue Oct 26 11:22:06 CEST 2004

deepa.vijayaraghavan at mbtech-group.com wrote:

> Hello Paolo,
>    Thanks a lot for your reply. LXRT is not supported for power PCs, and I
> use an IBM 440 GP power PC based board.
> I just need a socket interface to send out data to the outside network, in
> my RT task of lesser priority. The higher priority task does some kind of
> data acquisition. I do not really need the features of RTNET, as my
> realtime requirements are not very stringent in terms of data
> routing(sending it out to the outside world, I mean).
>    The call to set_fs(KERNEL_DS) is the one that fails, when called from
> the RT task. I do not understand why. Do you have any example code, that
> uses the netrpc.h(that you'd sent) to make socket calls from RT tasks?

Since it was just 5 minutes work and it could be useful to us also,
notice that in the CVS there is now a modified include/rtai_scb.h that
could ease you communicating between an RTAI task and a kernel threads
(signle reader/writer), without doing anything else but calling the
inlines there found. If it is for you try it and feed back.

Paolo.