Kernel panic

Ayyappan Ramasamy ipan at rediffmail.com
Tue Oct 26 10:38:11 CEST 2004

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Dear group members,

   I have installed the RTAI-24.1.11 with linux kernel linux-2.4.18 on a RedHat Linux 9.0 Personal computer environment. I have done as per Readme.Install document.

   The following i have done.
1. rtai folder copied to /usr/src/
2. linux kernel copied to /usr/rtai/rtai-24.1.11
3. patch -p1 < /usr/src/rtai-24.1.11/patches/patch-2.4.18-rthal5g
4. make xconfig
   Here i have disabled module version reference. APM disabled. Processor Pentium IV.
5. make bzImage
   No errors had come. But warnings like
     Multiline string deprecated
   But produced image.
6. make modules
7. make install
8  reboot and select RTAI.

I have done above things. After rebooting, some messages have gone. At the end, the two lines are

    No socket created
    Kernel panic :  no boot found and i have to stream

Now computer is not responding.

What should i do for proper installion ? Please guide me.

Meantime i will try a Live CD told by Hannes Mayer <h.mayer at inode.at>
at http://www.linuxcnc.org/bdi/. ( Thanks Mayer)

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Ayyappan Ramasamy

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
Albert Einstein