Data sharing bet RTAI and kthread

deepa.vijayaraghavan at mbtech-group.com deepa.vijayaraghavan at mbtech-group.com
Wed Oct 27 10:42:40 CEST 2004

Hi,
     If the socket implementation were to be done in a kernel thread, I
have some doubts regarding data sharing between the RTAI module and the
kernel thread. I guess we could use FIFOs, shm or the scb interface, based
on the application's requirements. Am I correct? But, how about the calls
to access these from the kthread? Will these be also through the user
system calls, which will be wrapped in calls with a 'k' prefix, to take
care of the memory spaces?

Guess these are all newbie questions..
Thanks a ton once again for your patience and help!

Regards
deepa.