fusion questions

Gilles Chanteperdrix gilles.chanteperdrix at laposte.net
Wed Oct 27 10:47:03 CEST 2004

S.Ancelot wrote:
 > Hi,
 > I have setted up a fusion machine , I have some questions regarding comparison
 > with previous rtai releases :
 > - I did not find fifo functions, what do we need to use ?

RTAI native skin RT pipes :

http://download.gna.org/rtai/documentation/fusion/html/api/group__pipe.html
(the doxygen documentation is also part of the fusion tarball).

 > - What are the shared memory mechanisms to use with fusion ?

mmap should work for user-space threads. I am not sure that the mlockall
call in Fusion library is enough to avoid page faults though... So,
right now, just after calling mmap, you should cause a fault for every
page in the mmaped zone (using memset, for example).

Regards.

--

					    Gilles Chanteperdrix.