fusion questions

Philippe Gerum rpm at xenomai.org
Wed Oct 27 14:07:41 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 12:13, S.Ancelot wrote:
> Hi,
> I have setted up a fusion machine , I have some questions regarding comparison
> with previous rtai releases :
> - I did not find fifo functions, what do we need to use ?

Pipes. Have a look at testsuite/klatency, and to the README file in
testsuite.

> - What are the shared memory mechanisms to use with fusion ?

As Gilles said, you can use anything available to regular Linux
processes for sharing memory between user-space real-time threads (I'd
suggest shm_open() + mmap).  Shared mem between kernel RT threads and
user-space is not available from the API yet.

> Best Regards
> Steph

Philippe.