Test Suite summary

Gilles Chanteperdrix gilles.chanteperdrix at laposte.net
Thu Oct 28 13:13:08 CEST 2004

Umar Qureshey wrote:
 > The program was unable to open /dev/rtf/0.  This could be because I am
 > compiling on a different machine and then running on a different one.
 > Which devices to create manually in /dev?  Anyone know?

If you used the DESTDIR variable when running 'make install', devices
should have been created, but they are called /dev/rtf0, not /dev/rtf/0.

If your kernel is compiled with devfs support (and apparently, it is),
then the devices /dev/rtf/x are created when the rtai_fifos module is
loaded, and used by user-space programs.

So, is your kernel compiled with devfs support ?
Did you (or your boot scripts) mount the devfs filesystem ?
When the run script try to load the rtai_fifos module, is it loaded
successfully ?
If yes, can you see the /dev/rtf/0 file ?

--

					    Gilles Chanteperdrix.