Timesys vs rtai

Wieland, Alexis P Alexis.P.Wieland at disney.com
Fri Oct 29 22:34:55 CEST 2004

<Apologies for the last message, I hit send by mistake>

> Steven Seeger wrote:
> > Anyone on the list ever used TimeSys linux? My company bought it and

> > wants to move away from RTAI (at some point) so we can have
> > professional support, ...

This is a big question for me as well.

I've now used RTAI for a fair number of prototype systems, and have been
exceedingly happy with it, but as these systems move out of my lab and
into the field, the question of support becomes central.  Certainly the
amount of time I spend configuring kernels, managing versions of
compilers and other tools, and other general "support" duties is
unacceptable to the people who have to deal with the real world concerns
of operation and maintenance.

There used to be a listing of companies that supported RTAI on the web
page ... I'm not able to find it any more.  The ones I remember
(zentropic/lineo and timesys) don't seem to be involved with RTAI any
more.

So:
- what companies are supporting RTAI (and please add to the web page)
- what are other developers doing about support?

Thanks,

- alexis.